Vladimir Silva's Advanced Android 4 Games PDF
By Vladimir Silva
"Wolfenstein 3D"-like and "Doom"-like video game apps are a number of the classic Android video games offered within the unique version of this e-book. when you consider that their liberate, Android has advanced with the debut of Android 4.0, including higher fonts, new consumer Interface and adventure (UI/UX) APIs, tablet issues, multi-touch services, multi-tasking, swifter functionality, and masses extra to the Android video game app development repertoire.
Multi-touch code offers those video games and their avid gamers dynamic enter and trade ability, for a extra life like arcade online game experience. Faster and higher functionality bargains video game avid gamers a extra seamless, enjoyable arcade adventure like by no means sooner than on Android. there's additionally more desirable local C/C++ integration with Android's NDK to boot, which makes coding, compiling, and changing both productive and effective with earnings in app performance.
With actionable real-world source, Advanced Android 4 Games shows you ways to construct extra refined and addictive Android video games, harnessing the ability of those contemporary developments.
* insurance of the new UI, UX, multi-touch and multi-tasking positive aspects on hand with Android 4.0.
* research different thoughts for making improvements to the game taking part in adventure together with wireless tethering, greater multi-tasking, new and higher streaming internet video utilizing WebM, and extra.
* through combining the dependent object-oriented positive aspects of Java and the uncooked strength of C, there's no restrict to the kinds of video games for you to construct for the platform, similar to the "Quake 3D"-like game app case learn during this book.
You’ll certainly rejoice, and maybe you’ll even make a few cash. get pleasure from!
<What you’ll learn> * Key complex Android gaming innovations utilizing the hot Android SDK 4 to support you earn extra money within the app shops
* the way to assemble local code (C) in Android utilizing the NDK
* the best way to upload and combine multi-touch
* How to use Bluetooth controllers (Zeemote)
* extra gaming tips and information, corresponding to hybrid 3D pics with OpenGL and JNI
* the best way to port and increase a 2nd shooter video game app just like "Wolfenstein" for Android
* the best way to port and increase one other second shooter "Doom"-like online game app for Android utilizing OpenGL
* how one can construct a 3D shooter online game like "Quake"
* How and the place to most sensible install those video game apps
Who this e-book is for
This ebook is for savvy Android app builders who're trying to find specialist or complex strategies for porting, augmenting and construction 2nd and 3D video game apps which are complicated, enjoyable and profitable.
desk of Contents * Welcome to Android Gaming
* Gaming methods:
* extra Gaming tips: Hybrid 3D portraits with OpenGL and JNI
* effective pictures with OpenGL ES 2.0
* 2nd Shooters with OpenGL: Doom-like App for Android
* 3D Shooters half I: Quake-like App
* 3D Shooters half II: Quake II
* Appendix: Deployment and Compilation suggestions
Read Online or Download Advanced Android 4 Games PDF
Similar java books
The 1st variants of getting to know company JavaBeans became one of many prime tutorials on EJB, with greater than 75,000 copies offered. Its good fortune used to be pushed by way of the stated caliber of the ebook (just try out the stories on amazon. com) and its authors. The 3rd version will proceed during this culture, masking the recent EJB 2.
For introductory classes in Java Programming/CS 1 and for Intermediate/Advanced Java Programming classes. The Deitels' groundbreaking easy methods to application sequence bargains unprecedented breadth and intensity of object-oriented programming techniques and intermediate-level themes for extra research. This survey of Java programming includes an intensive OOD/UML 2 case research on constructing an automatic teller laptop.
“The Java panorama is plagued by libraries, instruments, and requirements. what is been missing is the services to fuse them into recommendations to real-world difficulties. those styles are the highbrow mortar for (Java EE) software program development. ” John Vlissides, co-author of layout styles, the “Gang of 4” booklet.
- OSWorkflow: A guide for Java developers and architects to integrating open-source Business Process Management
- Learning Akka
- Globus Toolkit 4: Programming Java Services
- IntelliJ IDEA in Action
- EMF: Eclipse Modeling Framework (2nd Edition)
- Pro Spring Security
Extra info for Advanced Android 4 Games
Within the project, we will create a native folder with files to accomplish the following: Create a native library with a main subroutine that will be called from the Android main activity using JNI. The main library subroutine will invoke a Java method (using JNI) within the Android project, sending a text message back to the Android Java layer. load(path). Figure 2–2 shows the file system layout of the project. Project) into your workspace to go along with this chapter. java: This file is created by the wizard and should already exist in the project.
Println("OnMessage text:" + text + " level=" + level); } } Thus the native interface effectively defines a two-way pipeline between Java and C. In one hand, LibMain sends information to the C library. On the other hand, OnMessage CHAPTER 2: Gaming Tricks for Phones or Tablets receives information from it, and simply prints the message to standard output. Now let’s take a look at the final piece: the native library. Native Library Here is where all the work takes place. c (see Listing 2–5). This file lives under the jni folder within the project.
The following are the key steps: Get the size of the Java array, and for each element of the array: Get the Java String[i] element using GetObjectArrayElement(JNIEnv * env, jobjectArray jarray, int pos). Convert the retrieved element into a C string (char *) using GetStringUTFChars(JNIEnv * env, jstring jrow, 0). Allocate space for the C array using malloc(length of string + 1). Note that an extra space is allocated for the terminator character. Copy the characters using strcpy (char ** target , char * source).
Advanced Android 4 Games by Vladimir Silva